Did you know that conducting well-planned user tests with just 5 customers will identify 85% of your usability issues? In this course, you'll learn to do just that. By the end of this 1-day class, you'll learn to understand what your customers are really doing on your website, and find out what's working and what's not working by observing their behavior, rather than asking about preferences. This one-day course will teach you proven best practices to plan, conduct, and analyze your own usability studies, using in-person, remote, or web-based techniques. By the end of the day, you'll be able to conduct effective, lean usability tests without an official lab setting.
What you'll learn
- Difference between preference data (surveys, focus groups, interviews) and performance data (behavioral observations including user testing and field studies), and when to use each type of study
- How to recruit your customers
- How to plan your study to get exactly the data you need from your users
- What metrics to collect to drive changes
- In-person user testing techniques, including a live demo and hands-on practice
- Remote user testing techniques
- Online testing tools
- How to analyze your data
- Best ways to present the findings, for your audience
After this course, you'll be able to make customer-centric decisions about your online experience, instead of relying on preferences or opinions.